The 2019 season has started. The first Major will be March 18 and the format will be individual low net. Below is the schedule for the Majors: If interested in joining the MGA, applications are available in the proshop or you may contact Mike Golden, MGA President.
2019 SCMGA TOURNAMENT DATES
MARCH 16 INDIVIDUAL LOW NET
APRIL 20 IRS AUDIT/DEDUCT WORST 3 HOLES
MAY 18 (MAJOR) MEMBER/GUEST TOURNAMENT
JUNE 15 TWO MAN/ODD OR EVEN
JULY 20 TWO MAN BLIND NINE
AUGUST 17 INDIVIDUAL STABLEFORD
SEPTEMBER 21 4 MAN CHA-CHA-CHA
OCTOBER 19 (MAJOR) STROKE PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
OCTOBER 26 (MAJOR) STROKE PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
Major tournaments have higher Hancock Cup points: 1st-150 pts, 2nd-125 pts, 3rd- 100 pts…etc. Match play will also be considered a Major and will be awarded: 1st round-25 pts, 2nd round-50 pts, 3rd round-75 pts, Semi-Finals-100 pts, Finals-runner up-125 pts, Champion-150 pts.
SPECIAL NON-TOURNAMENT SATURDAY FORMATS
RED/WHITE/BLUE TOURNAMENT – July 4th weekend
4 MAN SCRAMBLE
2 MAN TEAM/BLIND DRAW
BLIND NINE-PRO DRAWS THE NINE HOLE
SYCAMORE CREEK MENS GOLF ASSOCIATION (SCMGA)
- $125 annual dues (all monies used for tournament prizes); Includes VSGA handicap fee
- All levels of ability are welcome. Handicaps range from 8 to 30.
- Play in friendly competitive tournaments. All play is based on current handicap.
- Meet new players and sharpen your golf skills
- Monthly official tournament (Third Saturday from March thru October)
- Cash and pro shop gift certificates for tournament prizes
- Closest to the pin $$$$ on tournament Saturdays
- Association plays every Saturday all year. Just sign up by noon on Wednesday
- Early reserved Saturday tee times: 8AM in April, 7:30AM May thru October.
- Must have a VSGA Handicap. Available from Pro Shop
SCMGA Executive Board Contacts:
- Mike Golden Cell: 804-266-4304 email
- Tom Buckley Cell: 617-823-5297 email
- Russell Dandridge Cell: 804-337-6706 email
- Preston Hale Cell: 804-339-4841 email
- Doug Harvey Cell: 804543-2671 email
- Mike Lewandowski Cell: 804-512-6769 email
- Mike Meekins Cell: 804-925-5683 email